St Andrews Links, “The Home of Golf”, Scotland 1902

St Andrews Links The Home of Golf

On the Historic St Andrews Links, “The Home of Golf”, Scotland 1902

St Andrews Links in the town of St Andrews, Fife, Scotland, is regarded as the “Home of Golf”. It has one of the oldest courses in the world, where the game has been played since the 15th century. Today there are seven public golf courses; the Balgove, Eden, Jubilee, Strathtyrum, New, the Old Course (which is widely considered one of the finest, and certainly the most famous and traditional course in the world), and The Castle Course, sited on the cliffs a mile to the east of St Andrews and designed by the architect David McLay Kidd, which opened in June 2008. The courses of St Andrews Links are owned by the local authorities and operated by St Andrews Links Trust, a charitable organization. St Andrews is also home to the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, one of the most prestigious golf clubs and until 2004 one of the two rulemaking authorities of golf (in that year, the Royal and Ancient Club passed on its rulemaking authority to an offshoot organisation, The R&A). (from Wikipedia)

References:

External Links:




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *